School Health Services
Important Health Authorization Forms including Epipen and Inhaler Authorization forms can be found here.
Our comprehensive school health program has eight elements, touching all aspects of the school experience and having potential to have a significant impact on students' health knowledge, attitudes, and values. Leadership for each of these elements is provided by several departments within the school system and by the health department. The health department acts in a consultant role to support the services provided by the divisions within the schools.
- Health Education provides a sequential grades preK-12 instructional program addressing the physical, mental, emotional, and social dimensions of health.
- Physical Education serves as a means for students to develop strength, coordination, and cardiovascular and respiratory efficiency, as well as for social development, stress reduction, and movement appreciation.
- Health Services promotes the health of students and school staff members through prevention, early intervention, and remediation of specific health problems.
- Counseling provides broad-based prevention and intervention programs to promote the physical and psychological health of students and faculty.
- School Environment creates and maintains facilities that enhance the physical and psychological well being of students. It also provides school clinics to manage injuries and illnesses of students and staff members.
- School Nutrition promotes good nutritional practices both within and outside the school settings (breakfast and lunch programs and nutrition education in the classroom).
- Employee Assistance Program (Staff Wellness) provides school staff members with the opportunity to take active roles in maintaining and achieving optimal physical and psychological health.
- School and Community Agencies integrates health and education professionals in the school and community to provide and support improved school health programs.
FCPS + GMU = A Healthier Community
In the video below, learn about health services that are available to those without health insurance who are registering at the Dunn Loring Student Registration Welcome Center. This program, Mason and Partners Clinic (MAPs), is a partnership between FCPS and George Mason University. The clinic is housed at the FCPS Dunn Loring Administrative Center (2334 Gallows Rd, Vienna, VA 22182). Call 703-204-6740 for more information.