Business and Information Technology - High School
Business and Information Technology is an elective program offered at all high schools.
Translate this page
The Business & Information Technology program provides students with opportunities to explore a variety of careers including accounting, business management, cybersecurity, database administration and management information systems. Technology is integrated into all of the business and information technology courses. Students learn to develop apps & websites, create multimedia presentations, design publications and integrate multiple software packages into one finished product. Accounting concepts, business plan development and career are additional concepts vital for success after high school are also taught in many of the courses.
Several of these courses are able to be dual enrolled with Northern Virginia Community College. Successful completion of certain Business and Information Technology courses, in conjunction with a corresponding industry certification, may qualify for a student selected verified credit.
FBLA is the largest business education student organization in the world! Nearly a quarter of a million high school and middle school students, college and university students, faculty, educators, administrators, and business professionals have chosen to be members of the premier business education association preparing students for careers in business.
Why is FBLA-PBL so popular? Simply, FBLA has developed a unique value program that excites students, faculty and administrators, and business professionals to join the organization.
- Virginia Future Business Leaders of America (VAFBLA)
- National Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA)
- Virginia FBLA-PBL Foundation
Descriptions and Objectives are available in the FCPS Course Catalog.
- Advanced Accounting
- Advanced Information Systems
- Advanced Programming
- Business Cooperative Internship
- Business Law
- Business Management
- Business Management - Virtual Enterprise
- Cyber: Database, Design and Management 1, Oracle
- Cyber: Database, Design and Management 2, Oracle
- Cyber: Routing and Switching 1A, Cisco
- Cyber: Routing and Switching 1B, Cisco
- Cyber: Routing and Switching 2A, Cisco
- Cyber: Routing and Switching 2B, Cisco
- Cyber: Computer Systems Technology 1A+
- Cyber: Network Administration 1
- Cyber: Network Administration 2
- Cyber Security+ Capstone
- Cyber Security Fundamentals
- Design, Multimedia, and Web Technologies
- IB Business and Management HL (IB Information)
- IB Business and Management SL (IB Information)
- Information Systems
- Principles of Business
- Web Page Development