Differences Between Parent and Student Accounts: Schoology
Schoology Parent Resource Kit
Watch the video to look at some important differences between Parent and Student accounts in Schoology. Information from the video is below.
- Parents have read only ability to students’ activities.
- Parents are not able to participate as students.
- Students must be logged into their own account to participate in a course or group in Schoology.
|Parent Accounts||Student Accounts|
|Cannot submit assignments Can view what has been submitted.||Can submit assignments|
|Cannot post in discussions. Sometimes may be able to view discussions, depending on settings.||Can post in discussions|
|Cannot access assessments.||Can submit assessments|
|Cannot post in media albums. Can view media albums.||Can post to media albums|
|Cannot submit quizzes or tests for student.||Can attempt submissions of quizzes and tests|
To view student or parent accounts
- Click the arrow in the upper right corner near your name
- Select the account you wish to view.
Welcome FCPS Parents and Guardians to Schoology
An overview of the features and tools available to users with a Schoology Parent Account.
Parent and Guardian Communication Tools
Learn the basics of using your Parent Schoology account to communicate with you student's school and teachers.