Office of Chief Academic Officer
The Office of the Chief Academic Officer focuses on increasing student academic achievement while continuing to expand equity in education, which means having systems in place to ensure that every student can realize their full potential.
Specifically, the office is charged with the following:
- Maintaining a focus on raising student achievement and closing achievement gaps,
- Providing innovative leadership for curriculum, instruction, and assessment for general and special education students,
- Directing school improvement initiatives,
- Collaborating with departments and teams to create equitable and inclusive instructional practices to address student achievement,
- Developing culturally responsive educational practices,
- Overseeing professional development for teachers, school administrators, and staff,
- Creating instructional practices that are contemporary, learner centered, and focused inclusively on all students attaining the skills and attributes of the Division’s Portrait of a Graduate.
The office oversees the following three departments: