Self-Directed Economics and Personal Finance: Summer Learning
Summer is a great time to fulfill the Economics and Personal Finance course requirement.
Self-Directed Economics and Personal Finance requires students to complete work without direct teacher support. Students will
- Access content for this course through FCPS Schoology.
- Read through 14 modules, complete 140 exit tickets, 14 module tests, and a final exam.
This course does not meet face-to-face. Students may only take this course as "Pass/Fail".
Current FCPS Students (Grades 9-12*)
*Only, current FCPS 12th graders are eligible if they are graduating in August of 2023. Current FCPS students who will be in grade 9 in 2023-24 are eligible but must discuss the course with their school counselor and parent/guardian before registering.
Monday, June 5 - Friday, July 28, 2023
Tuesday, January 3 - Friday, May 19, 2023
- Full: $100
- Reduced Lunch: $50
- Free Lunch: $10
On-Time Refund Request
- FCPS will process a full refund if the request is received by 11:59 p.m. on June 7.
Late Refund Request
- Refund requests received after June 7 and before 11:59 p.m. on June 9 will be assessed a late cancellation fee of $20.
- No refund requests received after 11:59 p.m. on June 9 will be approved.
- Submit all refund requests online
- FCPS will process the refund by check or to the credit card account on record
- Allow 4-6 weeks for processing