Workers' Compensation

What to do if You Become Ill or Injured at Work

Workers' Compensation

If you sustain a work-related injury/illness that is considered compensable under Workers Compensation, you will receive benefits for covered medical expenses. If you are disabled for more than 7 calendar days, you may also be eligible for replacement of 2/3rds of your lost wages.



All new employees are automatically enrolled in the workers' compensation program on the first day of work.



FCPS pays the full cost of the workers' compensation program.


In the Event of a Workplace Injury/Illness:

  • If the injury is life or limb-threatening, seek immediate medical attention!
  • Notify your supervisor immediately (or as soon as possible)
  • For non-life/limb-threatening medical services, refer to the Workers' Compensation Provider Panel list to choose a provider and make an appointment with the panel provider.
  • Call Sedgwick at 1-855-937-1387 to report the injury and/or illness. You may also file your claim online at (Compatible with Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari web browsers. You must establish an account first on this site prior to submitting a claim). 

    Please note: If there is an emergency and you are unable to report your claim, someone else may do it for you. Be sure to provide Sedgwick with the treating provider’s (physician's) name.
  • Medical expenses and prescription costs related to your approved workers’ compensation claim will be paid by Sedgwick. You are not responsible for paying co-payments, consultation fees, or fees for visits to an approved workers’ compensation provider panel physician or facility. If the physician or facility requires you to pay for the office visit, you should refer them to Sedgwick.
  • If your medical condition requires specialty care, your workers’ compensation provider panel physician will make the referral. Please ensure that Sedgwick is aware of this specialty physician.

    Note: You must use a Workers Compensation panel physician for both your initial and follow-up care. If you choose to use a physician who is not approved by Sedgwick, you will be responsible for payment of all services rendered upon the direction of the physician.


Program Administrator Contact Information

Workers' Compensation Claims
P.O. Box 14633
Lexington, KY 40512-4663
Phone: 1-855-937-1387 (to report a claim)
Fax: 804-673-5400

For more information about the IDM vendor transition, including frequently asked questions, please visit the IDM Vendor Transition website.



For questions or assistance with your workers' compensation claim, please contact Sedgwick using the contact information above. You may also contact the Disability and Leaves team in the Office of Benefit Services via FCPS StaffConnect (Choose “Work-related Illness/injury question” from the dropdown list) or by calling 571-423-3200, option 2.


For More Information

Refer to Regulation 4720.