Educational Technology Team
Technology plays an essential role in educating today's students for tomorrow's workplace.
The Educational Technology team provides direction, professional development, and support for division-wide instructional technology initiatives. Such as:
- eCART (electronic Curriculum, Assessment, and Resource Tool)
- FCPS Google Workspace for Education
- Digital Citizenship.
The team helps educators integrate FCPS digital resources into instruction to support:
- Learner centered environments
- Meaningful student learning experiences
- Purposeful assessments
The Education Technology team builds teacher capacity through the:
- The SBTS Program
- Academy Courses
- North Tier offerings
The SBTS Program
Educational Technology provides professional learning, resources, and coaching to School-Based Technology Specialists (SBTS). SBTS provide teachers with the support they need integrate technology at each school. They fill many different roles, centered on helping staff make the best use of technology to enhance student learning.
- Create a professional learning plan for teachers that supports the integration of technology. Plan is aligned to the school’s instructional goals and supports student learning.
- Act as the liaison between the school staff and division-wide technology resources/offices.
- Support teachers in managing classroom digital resources and student accounts.
- Coaches teachers around the integration of instructional technology and digital citizenship.
- Collaborates with teachers to plan lessons. Model best practices in integrating technology into the K-12 curriculum.
- Support administrators and teachers in using digital resources to engage and communicate with
- The community