About Dr. Ricardy Anderson: She is an educator, parent, community volunteer, and former Army Reservist. Dr. Anderson has over 23 years of experience in education serving as a teacher and principal in both elementary and middle schools. She also served as a central office administrator in the position of director of teaching and learning.
School Board Committee/Leadership (Current): Dr. Anderson is currently a member of the Comprehensive Planning Development Committee and the Public Engagement Committee. She also serves as the School Board liaison to the Adult and Community Education Advisory Committee and the Fairfax County Athletic Council.
School Board Committee/Leadership (Previous): Dr. Anderson was elected to serve as chair of the School Board for the 2020-2021 school year. She has served as vice-chair of the Budget Committee (2020) and as a member of the Comprehensive Planning Development Committee (2020) and the Governance Committee (2021-2022). Dr. Anderson has also served as the School Board liaison to the Fairfax County Planning Commission (2020), the Fairfax County Athletic Council (2020-2021), and the Fairfax County Park Authority (2021-2022).
Education: Dr. Anderson holds a bachelor’s degree in elementary education from the State University of New York College at Buffalo, a master’s degree in educational leadership and administration from Howard University, and a doctorate in educational administration from the University of the Pacific.
Personal: Dr. Anderson and her husband have lived in the Mason District since 2008 and have two school-aged children.
Current Term Began: 1/1/2020
Current Term Expires: 12/31/23
Video - Back to School Message
Sign up for Dr. Ricardy Anderson's newsletter. You will receive newsletters and other news in your email inbox.
Language translations of recent newsletters are available.
- Newsletter May 2023
- Seeking Mason District FPAC Applicants (May 2023)
- Newsletter April 2023
- Justice High School Working Group (April 2023)
- Justice High School Construction Parking Plans (March 2023)
- Newsletter March 2023
- Bren Mar Park ES Renovation Community Meeting - March 14 (March 2023)
- Justice High School Addition Community Meeting - March 7 (February 2023)
- Reminder: Feedback Deadline - Special Education Enhancement Plan (February 2023)
- Newsletter February 2023
- Calendar Feedback and Strategic Plan Forum (January 2023)
- Newsletter December 2022
- Newsletter November 2022
- Peace Valley Lane (November 2022)
- Newsletter October 2022
- Glasgow Community Meeting (September 2022)
- Newsletter September 2022
- Glasgow Parent Meeting: Counselor Dismissal Update (August 2022)
- Newsletter August 2022
- Back to School Night Dates & 2022-2023 Calendar (August 2022)
- Justice HS Addition Rezoning Information (July 2022)
- AAPAC Representative Needed (July 2022)
- Newsletter Summer 2022
- Newsletter May 2022
- Newsletter April 2022
- Justice HS Expansion Survey Results (April 2022)
- Newsletter March 2022
- Middle School Grade Level Configuration Community Engagement (March 2022)
- Newsletter February 2022
- Newsletter January 2022
- Newsletter Year End 2020
- Newsletter December 2020
- Newsletter September 2020
- Newsletter August 2020
- Newsletter July 2020
- Newsletter June 12, 2020
- Newsletter June 3, 2020
- Mason District Updates
- Mason District Budget Town Hall
- Updates for the Mason District
- Updates and Resources
- Mason District Updates
- Updates from School Board Member Ricardy Anderson
About Fairfax County's Mason District
Fairfax County is divided into nine magisterial districts, which are used for conducting elections. Magisterial districts are unrelated to school boundaries. Dr. Anderson was elected to serve as the School Board member to represent the Mason magisterial district.
- Mason District Schools
- Mason District Map
- Fairfax County Government Mason District website
- Find your home district
Citizen Advisory Committees
The School Board appoints members to numerous citizen advisory committees to increase community input on specific issues. School Board members each appoint a citizen to represent their district. Advisory committees meet throughout the year and submit an annual report to the Board. Learn more about School Board committees, including citizen advisory committees.
- Advanced Academic Programs Advisory Committee (AAPAC) - Leah Richardson, Mason District Representative
- Adult and Community Education Advisory Committee (ACEAC) - Javier Alejandro Caballero Cantarero, Mason District Representative
- Advisory Committee for Students with Disabilities (ACSD) - Harry Henderson, Mason District Representative
- Career and Technical Education Advisory Committee (CTEAC) - Adam Phillips, Mason District Representative
- Family Life Education Curriculum Advisory Committee (FLECAC) - Gregory Martin, Mason District Representative
- Facilities Planning Advisory Council (FPAC) - Dan Aminoff, Mason District Representative
- Human Resources Advisory Committee (HRAC) - Leonard Bumbaca, Mason District Representative
- Minority Student Achievement Oversight Committee (MSAOC) - Edward Osborne, Mason District Representative
- School Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) - Holly Spanier, Mason District Representative
- Title I Parent Advisory Committee (TPAC) - Members of this committee are selected by school principals.
Other 2022-2023 Committees with Mason District Representatives:
- World Languages Basal Instructional Resource Review Committee - Jessica Olivan, Mason District Representative
- Challenged Materials Interdepartmental Review Committee - Marissa Appelbaum, Mason District Representative
About Regions Within Fairfax County Public Schools
In order to deliver educational excellence, Fairfax County Public Schools is divided into five regions. Most of the Mason District schools are located within Region 2. Dr. Anderson also represents families with students who attend schools in Region 3 and Region 5. These regions are further divided into Pyramids.
Find Your Local School
Find your local school by entering your address in the FCPS Boundary Locator. School contact information is listed in the Schools Directory.
Dr. Ricardy Anderson
- Phone: 571-423-1083
- E-mail: Send An Email
Cristy Coffey, Executive Administrative Assistant
- Phone: 571-423-1064
- E-mail: Send An Email