Early Childhood Registration
Welcome to Early Childhood Registration!
- For students in need of special education and related services, Child Find identifies, locates, and evaluates children residing in Fairfax County. Within Child Find, the Early Childhood Special Education Program provides a range of special education services to preschool aged children.
- Our PreK Program is for children 3-4 years old whose parents meet income requirements, with priority given to 4 year olds.
- Our Early Head Start Program is for infants, toddlers or expectant mothers who meet income requirements.
- Community liaisons are available to assist you with the registration process and to answer any questions you may have regarding available community resources.
- Our preschool immunization requirements webpage includes information on neighborhood clinics and additional immunization-related resources.
Additional Early Childhood Programs
- Early Literacy Programs are entirely FREE for Fairfax County residents. These interactive parenting programs were developed for parents of children from birth to five that promote essential early literacy skills pertinent for student success.
Home Instruction for Parents of Preschool Youngsters (HIPPY) partners with parents to prepare their children for success in school. HIPPY is a free program for parents of preschoolers who are two, three or four years old and who want to instruct their children at home.
- Food for Students During the School Year
Information on how to get no-cost meals for students this school year.
- Health, Mental Health and Community Resources
Includes Fairfax County Neighborhood Health Resources
- The Parent Resource Center offers free workshops, consultations, a lending library, and more to help adults support the success of all students, including those with learning challenges, special needs and disabilities.
- Parent Information Phone Lines
FCPS offers telephone support to parents who do not speak English as their first language.