Career Assessment Services (Career and Transition Services)
Secondary students receiving special education can participate in any career assessment service.
Career Assessment is available to high school students receiving special education services. It supports transition planning and helps students understand their career interests, skills, and work values.
Types of Career Assessment
- Lab Assessment:
- Students experience hands-on standardized work samples to explore and identify interests, strengths, abilities, and areas of development.
- Virtual Career Exploration Experience (VCEE):
- Students explore a specific career interest or career cluster in depth using the computer MECA Learning Assessment Programs.
- CareerScope ®:
- A timed computer career assessment that provides information on a student's aptitudes and interests.
For more information about Career Assessment Services, contact:
- Your employment transition representative
- Your special education department chair
- Career and Transition Services at 571-423-4150