Employment - College and Postsecondary Options
Explore employment opportunities to help students prepare for the transition from high school.
Career Planning Resources
U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
The Occupational Outlook Handbook (OOH) provides information for 325 occupational profiles, covering about 4 out of 5 jobs in the economy on:
- what workers do
- the work environment
- education, training, and other qualifications
- the job outlook
- information on state and area data
- similar occupations
- and sources of additional information
- Your source for employment information and inspiration.
- The place to manage your career.
- Your pathway to career success.
- Tools to help job seekers, students, businesses and career professionals.
- Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Virginia Career View
Individuals require many skills to be college and career ready, including academic knowledge, technical expertise, and a set of general, cross-cutting abilities called “employability skills.”
US Department of Education Resources
Association for Career and Technical Education Resources
U.S. Department of Labor Resources
- Soft Skills to Pay the Bills - Mastering Soft Skills for Workplace Success
- Habilidades sociales para salir adelante - Dominar habilidades sociales para tener éxito en el trabajo y un futuro seguro
- Fairfax County Government Human Resources
- Fairfax County Public Schools Careers
- Virginia Employment Commission: Virginia Workforce Connection