Schoology is a learning space that enhances face-to-face and distance learning through communication, collaboration, and personalized learning.
What is Schoology?
Schoology is the learning management system that will be used divisionwide in fall 2021. It is a learning space that supports instructional practices aligned to FCPS’s learning model and help students reach the Portrait of a Graduate goals.
Fall 2020 Pilot
Starting this fall, 17 schools will pilot Schoology:
- Region 1: Langley HS, Cooper MS, Churchill Road ES
- Region 2: Marshall HS, Kilmer MS, Stenwood ES
- Region 3: Edison HS, Hayfield SS, Twain MS, Franconia ES, Hayfield ES
- Region 4: West Springfield HS, Irving MS, Rolling Valley ES
- Region 5: Westfield HS, Stone MS, London Towne ES
Pilot schools are being asked to use Schoology instead of Blackboard and Google Classroom for as many student assignments and classroom communications as possible.
Pilot schools will collaborate with central office staff to help identify instructional best practices and serve as a resource for their region in the 2021-2022 school year. They will be integral in providing feedback for future training, communication, and system settings for Schoology’s division wide use in 2021-2022.