Academy Course Program
The FCPS Academy Course Program provides a wide array of professional learning to contracted instructional staff
The FCPS Academy Course Program provides a wide array of professional learning to contracted instructional staff, enhances knowledge and skills aligned with division priorities, and supports the comprehensive professional development system serving to develop and retain a premier workforce in FCPS. Through coursework, participants gain competencies and work toward professional goals and practices that positively impact student achievement.
The FCPS Academy course program is committed to ensuring equity is at the center by:
- Aligning with FCPS’ commitment to dismantle inequitable systems.
- Modeling equitable practices in all programming.
- Driving a shift in mindset about what equity means and how it fits into all of our work.
- Embedding principles of equity within course outcomes, discussions, assignments, and content application.
Dates Subject To Change
|Semester||Registration Begins at 5 p.m.||Most Classes Begin||Most Classes End|
|Summer 2023||May 23||June 12||August 11|
|Fall 2023||August 29||September 11||January 12|
|Spring 2024||January 16||January 29||June 7|
Academy course participants receive Academy credit(s) or recertification points upon successful completion.
Academy courses contribute to professional growth and can be used for:
- Virginia teaching licensure renewal
- Salary scale increase.
- What is the Academy?
- How many courses may I take?
- How may I use Academy credits?
Portrait of a Graduate
The tenets of the Portrait of a Graduate student achievement goals are incorporated into our professional development opportunities.