TJHSST Junior Application Process
Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology (TJHSST) Admissions
All students interested in applying to the junior class must submit (by no later than April 22, 2022) their high school transcript (through first semester 10th grade) and their PSAT or SAT scores. If approved, completed applications are due by 4:00 p.m. on May 20, 2022. TJHSST does not admit students for entry to the junior class at any other time during the school year.
- Students are not eligible to apply for the junior class if they have previously applied to TJHSST during the Freshman or Sophomore Rounds.
- The junior admissions process begins in early April and is completed in its entirety in June each year. The TJHSST Admissions Office administers all aspects of the junior admissions process.
- Students may only apply to the Junior Round Class of 2024 provided that the student is applying from a school division that has not exceeded its attendance cap for the grade for which the student is applying and they have not applied previously for admissions into TJ.
- If you do not live in Fairfax County, contact the Admissions Office at 571-423-3770 or by email at email@example.com before you apply to make sure that applications will be allowed from your school division.
Class of 2024 Application Information
- All students interested in applying to the junior (11th grade) class must first submit (no later than April 22, 2022) their high school transcript through first semester of 10th grade and official PSAT/SAT scores (with scores in the upper 90th percentile for each category) to the TJHSST Admissions Office for evaluation of eligibility before you can begin the application process. The Admissions Office will notify you as to whether or not you are eligible to apply.
- If approved, applicants to the junior class at TJHSST must complete the entire junior application in order to be considered for admission. Online applications are available beginning April 1, 2022. Use the link below to access the TJ Admissions online portal.
Students are not eligible to apply for the junior class if they have previously applied to TJHSST during the Freshman or Sophomore Rounds.
What is Required?
All students interested in applying for their Junior year will complete the application online. Use the link below to access the TJ Admissions Online System to begin the application.
- Application (available once transcripts and test score are approved by TJHSST Admissions Office)
- Student Information Sheet
- Transcripts through first semester of 10th grade (to include all courses taken for HS credit before 9th grade)
- Three (3) Teacher Recommendations
- Eligibility Documents (proof of residency and PSAT/SAT scores)
Junior Eligibility RequirementsMore info about eligibility requirements for Juniors
Important Dates for Class of 2024
- April 1, 2022 – Junior Applications available
- April 22, 2022 – PSAT/SAT and transcript deadline
- May 20, 2022 – APPLICATION DEADLINE by 4:00 PM*
- Week of May 30, 2022 – Junior interviews
- June 25, 2021 – Final Admissions Decisions Posted (See Junior Round Decisions)
*THE APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR JUNIOR ROUND OF ADMISSIONS (TJHSST CLASS OF 2024) is May 20, 2022, by 4:00 p.m. NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR ANY REASON.