TJHSST Junior Application Process
Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology (TJHSST) Admissions
All students interested in applying to the junior class must submit (between April 3 and April 21, 2023) their high school transcript (through first semester 10th grade) and their PSAT or SAT scores. If approved, completed applications are due by 4:00 p.m. on May 19, 2023. TJHSST does not admit students for entry to the junior class at any other time during the school year.
- Students are not eligible to apply for the junior class if they have previously applied to TJHSST during the Freshman or Sophomore Rounds.
- The junior admissions process begins in early April and is completed in its entirety in June each year. The TJHSST Admissions Office administers all aspects of the junior admissions process. Selection is completed by a committee of faculty from TJHSST.
- Students may only apply to the Junior Round Class of 2025 if they have not applied previously for admissions into TJ.
- If you do not live in one of the participating jurisdictions, contact the Admissions Office at 571-423-3770 or by email at [email protected] for any questions you may have regarding this process.
Class of 2025 Application Information
- All students interested in applying to the junior (11th grade) class must first submit their high school transcript through first semester of 10th grade and official PSAT/SAT scores (with scores in the upper 90th percentile for each category) to the TJHSST Admissions Office for evaluation of eligibility before you can begin the application process. The window to submit transcripts is April 3 - 21, 2023. The Admissions Office will notify you as to whether or not you are eligible to apply.
- If approved, applicants to the junior class at TJHSST must complete the entire junior application in order to be considered for admission. Online applications are available (following transcript approval) beginning April 3, 2023. Use the link below to access the TJ Admissions online portal.
Students are not eligible to apply for the junior class if they have previously applied to TJHSST during the Freshman or Sophomore Rounds.
What is Required?
All students interested in applying for their Junior year will complete the application online. Use the link below to access the TJ Admissions Online System to begin the application.
- Application (available once transcripts and test score are approved)
- Student Information Sheet
- Transcripts through first semester of 10th grade (to include all courses taken for HS credit before 9th grade)
- Three (3) Teacher Recommendations
- Eligibility Documents (proof of residency and PSAT/SAT scores)
Junior Eligibility RequirementsMore info about eligibility requirements for Juniors
Important Dates for Class of 2025
- April 3, 2023 – Transcript and test scores may be submitted
- April 21, 2023 – PSAT/SAT and transcript deadline
- May 19, 2023 – APPLICATION DEADLINE by 4:00 PM*
- Week of May 30, 2023 – Junior round interviews
- June 30, 2023 – Final Admissions Decisions Posted (No later than)
*The application deadline for junior round admissions (TJHSST CLASS OF 2025) is May 19, 2023, by 4:00 p.m. No late applications will be accepted for any reason.