All FCPS employees thinking about retirement should review this material.
NOTE: This information is not intended to be a comprehensive reference and should be reviewed in conjunction with other FCPS benefits materials. In the event of any conflict between official benefit plan documents, benefit contracts, and this information, the official information will govern.
Defined Benefit Retirement Plans are administered by the following independent agencies:
- ERFC and VRS for full-time educational, administrative, or support employees.
- FCERS for maintenance, custodial, food service, transportation, and less-than-full-time educational, administrative, or monthly-paid support employees.
FCPS offers a variety of voluntary plans to help you achieve your retirement goals on a tax-deferred basis. Plans include:
- 403(b) for all FCPS employees. If you are eligible for the 457(b) program, you may participate in both plans.
- 457(b) for full-time and part-time salaried employees of FCPS.
- VRS Hybrid 457 for all Hybrid Retirement Plan members. This plan gives you the opportunity to make additional contributions and receive partial matching contributions from FCPS. You may participate in this plan even if you are also participating in the 403(b) or 457(b) plan.