Trade and Industrial Education
Career and Technical workforce courses designed to prepare students for a career or postsecondary education.
Trade and Industrial Education provides preparation for entry into skilled trades and service occupations that involve designing, producing, processing, assembling, maintaining, servicing, or repairing any product or commodity. Specialized training includes job shadowing, internships, and on-the-job training in all program areas. Industry-recognized certifications and licensure, internships, and college credit are available for many students. Classroom experiences are enhanced through high-tech lab activities.
SkillsUSA is the recognized student organization for trade and industrial programs in the Virginia. SkillsUSA is a partnership of students, teachers and industry representatives, working together to ensure America has a skilled work force. It helps each student excel. SkillsUSA is a national nonprofit organization serving teachers and high school and college students who are preparing for careers in trade, technical and skilled service occupations, including health occupations. It was formerly known as VICA (Vocational Industrial Clubs of America).
To learn more about SkillsUSA please visit the local, state, and national website for additional information and opportunities.
Students enrolled in T&I courses may participate in many varied and course specific work-based learning opportunities. This allows students to develop skills and gain experiences that will prepare them for the future. Some of these activities include:
- Fairfax County Division of Vehicle Services offers an internship for Automotive students to gain real world work experience maintaining ambulances, police cars, and other county vehicles.
- The Residential Construction students build a single-family home each year.
- All students enrolled in Cosmetology programs perform salon services for customers including students, staff, and community members.
Descriptions and Objectives are available in the FCPS Course Catalog.
- Automotive Collision Service 1
- Automotive Collision Service 2
- Automotive Collision Service 3
- Automotive Technology 1
- Automotive Technology 2
- Automotive Technology 3
- Carpentry 1
- Carpentry 2
- Carpentry 3
- Construction Tech 1 – Spring Village Residential Construction Site
- Construction Tech 2 – Spring Village Residential Construction Site
- Cosmetology 1
- Cosmetology 2
- Cosmetology 3
- Criminal Justice 1
- Criminal Justice 2
- Electrical Construction and Engineering 1
- Electrical Construction and Engineering 2
- Electrical Construction and Engineering 3
- Heating, Ventilation, A/C, and Refrigeration 1
- Heating, Ventilation, A/C, and Refrigeration 2
- Professional Photography Studio 1
- Professional Photography Studio 2
- Professional Television Production 1
- Professional Television Production 2
- Professional Television Production 3