Department of Information Technology
Provides information technology leadership, products, and services, while managing division-wide information resources, ensuring security and integrity.
To provide information technology leadership, products, and services for Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS), while managing division-wide information resources, ensuring security and integrity.
Become the model for effective and efficient client-centered services and products so that we are the premier IT service provider for education. Create a totally connected community where technology is available where and when we need it, and is appropriate to your needs.
Areas of Responsibility
The department is organized into four offices to provide specialized services to FCPS staff and students.
- Cybersecurity - Protects the digital information and privacy of FCPS students and staff across the enterprise, ranging from phones and laptops to cloud-based systems with the goal to provide a secure and reliable infrastructure that enables staff and students to engage, inspire, and thrive.
- Information Technology Support Services - Manages the customer service function for the department to ensure the delivery of cutting edge IT products and services to FCPS system-wide and to the larger FCPS community and target audiences, and is accountable for compliance with procurement and contract procedures and utility consumption.
- Information Technology Operations - Delivers the design, installation, daily operations, maintenance, and repair services for all parts of the technology enterprise infrastructure, including wide and local area networks.
- Enterprise Information Services and Assessment - Develops and supports major information systems covering all aspects of school division operations.
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) – Supporting the creation of a 21st century learning environment by enabling students and staff members to access the FCPS wireless network with their personal devices (laptops, netbooks, tablets, smart phones, etc.) during the school day.
- Schoology – The online resource that allows FCPS students to extend learning beyond the traditional school day and beyond school facilities and parents access to student enrolled courses, groups, assignments, calendar, and more.
- Student Information System (SIS) for FCPS – Provides online access to information about attendance, class performance, demographic data, and more.
- [email protected] – A program that enables FCPS students and staff to purchase technology products at discount rates.
Examples of Other Services
- Fairfax Network – An award-winning producer of distance learning programming, which provides enrichment programs to schools and cable stations in the United States and around the world.
- Student Reporting – Statistical information about FCPS student achievement, demographics, and more.
- Alumni Records Services – Services provided such as release of transcripts for higher education and employment, as well as verification services, authentication services, notary services, immunizations, replacement diplomas, and more.