Advanced Academic Programs - Full-Time Level IV Appeals
Understanding the Process for Advanced Academic Program - Full-Time Level IV Appeals
A Final Decision Letter will be sent by January 22, 2024.
If your student is found ineligible for Full-Time Level IV AAP services, parents/guardians may submit an appeal.
Appeal packets must include new information that was not part of the original screening file. The new data will be added to the original screening file for review by the appeals committee.
Please note: Only appeals from the most recent screening cycle will be reviewed according to the deadlines in the ineligible letter you received.
To submit an appeal:
- Complete the Appeal Form
- Gather new information for consideration. Note: Notebooks, dividers, hole-punched binders, spirals, and pocket folders may not be submitted. Materials will not be returned. The following materials may be included in an Appeal Packet:
- Appeal Form
- Cover Letter addressed to the Appeals Committee
- Parent/Guardian Questionnaire
- Student work samples (not to exceed five single-sided 8½” x 11” pages). Student work may include copies of art work, original stories, and other student projects on standard writing, bond, or copy paper.
- New Test Results:
- At GMU through the Cognitive Assessment Program (703-993-4200). GMU offers group testing at no charge for children who qualify for free or reduced lunch.
- Through a private, state-licensed psychologist. A copy of their license must accompany results.
- WISC V, CAS, Stanford Binet, Kaufman
- Cognitive Abilities Test
- Naglieri Nonverbal Ability Test
- Mail the signed Appeal Form and the new data postmarked no later than January 10, 2024 to:
FCPS, Advanced Academic Programs
8270 Willow Oaks Corporate Dr.
Fairfax, VA 22031
The decision of the appeals committee is final.
- Appeal decisions are final. However, you may apply for Full-Time Level IV services during the next published screening cycle.