Virginia Department of Health (VDOH) Youth Survey
Learning about the health behavior of our youth to improve health education.
Fairfax County Public Schools will take part in the 2021 Virginia Youth Survey. This survey monitors priority health risk behaviors established during youth that result in the most significant mortality and morbidity during both youth and adulthood
The survey monitors priority health risk behaviors such as:
- Physical activity
- Unintentional injuries
- Sexual behaviors
- Tobacco, alcohol, or other drug use
The survey will be administered between October 27, 2021 and November 8, 2021. There are separate questionnaires for middle and high school students. Links to more information and the survey are below.
- Middle School Survey Instrument
- Middle School Survey Instrument in Spanish
- High School Survey Instrument
- High School Survey Instrument in Spanish
Parent Notification and Opt-Out Forms
- Parent Notification - Middle School (Page 2 is in Spanish)
- Parent Notification - High School (Page 2 is in Spanish)
The survey is sponsored by the Virginia Department of Health in collaboration with the Virginia Foundation for Healthy Youth.