Check your email, view the Return to Work guide, manage your network account, log into VPN, access tech resources, request a substitute, and more.
Return to Work Guide
The Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) Return to Work Guide is based on the guidelines provided in the Fairfax Forward Employee Guide and adheres to the phased reopening guidelines outlined by Governor Ralph Northam, in accordance with Forward Virginia Guidance. Information will continue to be updated as we learn more and establish new practices and policies. The following guidelines are applicable to all FCPS facilities, including schools and administrative buildings.
Employees must complete a self-monitored daily health questionnaire, wear masks or face coverings in FCPS buildings as well as follow social distancing and safety protocols. Visitors coming to FCPS facilities are also required to follow these guidelines and to make an appointment prior to visiting.
Employees are required to complete the following trainings in MyPDE prior to returning to work – Stop the Spread, Return to Work-Building Procedures, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Child Abuse and Neglect, Anaphylaxis Awareness and Restraint and Seclusion.
Telework Procedures and Forms (VPN access may be required)
Time Away from Work
FCPS COVID Reporting Procedures (Regulation 4135)
Return to Work Form (VPN access may be required)
- Employer Paid Sick Leave (EPSL) and Emergency Family Medical Leave Expansion (E-FMLE)
- Short-term/Long-term Disability
- Family Medical Leave
- Leaves of Absence
ADA Accommodation Request Form
For assistance with obtaining accommodation in the workplace under the ADA, please complete the ADA Accommodation Request form. There are two parts to the form: Part I is completed by the employee (or applicant) and Part II is completed by your treating physician. Coronavirus and Health-Related Information
Employee Wellness and Mental Health
Check Your FCPS E-mail
Online Time and Attendance Entry System
- Log in to MyTime
- Transportation Weekly Report (Transportation drivers and attendants use this application to report time for payroll.)
UConnect - Gateway to Your Human Resources and Payroll Information
Manage Your Network Account
Access the FCPS Network Remotely
Professional Development and Evaluation
Request a Substitute
- Current teachers and instructional assistants are able to request a substitute through SmartFindExpress or by calling 703-962-1572.
Access FCPS Google Apps for Education
- 2021-2022 Standard School Year Calendar
- 2020-2021 Standard School Year Calendar - Subscribe here
- 2020-2021 Employee Calendar - Subscribe here
Social Media Guidance for Staff
Technology Support for Employees
- If you are an FCPS employee and you require technical assistance, please contact the IT Service Desk at ITServiceDesk@fcps.edu. Additional support options are available via FCPS Intranet when you are at an FCPS site or connect through VPN.
- Educational Employees' Supplementary Retirement System of Fairfax County (ERFC) and ERFCDirect (account access)
- Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Fairfax County Employees’ Retirement System (FCERS)
Discounts and Incentives
Employee Guide for Return to Work
work as part of the Return to School plan.
Professional Development Opportunities
Current Employee Benefits
Equity and Employee Relations (EER)
Employee Recognition Programs
Substitute Teaching Opportunities
Given the unique nature of the closures related to COVID-19, Fairfax County Public Schools will suspend, for this school year, its requirement that substitutes sub a minimum of ten days per school year in order to remain active.
FCPS School and Centers Maps
Apple Federal Credit Union
More employee resources can be found on the Employee Hub