FCPS Google Workspace Ecosystem
Google Workspace for Education provides users a variety of collaborative productivity tools available anytime and anywhere.
Description of Core Google Workspace Services
- Google Calendar gives users their own digital calendar to support organization and planning. Google Classroom assignments appear on a student’s Google calendar as well.
- Google Classroom helps students and teachers communicate, collaborate, organize and manage assignments. It also allows teachers to grade and give feedback.
- Google Contacts allow users to organize, review, and create personal mailing lists, making it easier to keep their contact information in one place and reach several people at once.
- Google Docs is a word processing tool used to create and edit documents online. Users can collaborate in real-time. Unlimited revision history allows users to track changes, undo actions, and revert to previous versions.
- Google Drive is cloud-based storage. Students can sign into their FCPS account, access their Google Drive and create, open and edit files from any internet-connected device. Students have UNLIMITED storage space.
- Google Mail provides students SPAM-protected, ad-free email for communicating with others in the FCPS Google Workspace environment.
- Google Draw enables users to create flowcharts, organizational charts, concept maps, and other types of diagrams.
- Google Forms allow users to create surveys and quizzes that collect response information.
- Google Keep can be used to create, organize, share, and archive notes. Notes can include text, voice and images.
- Google Sheets allow users to create and edit spreadsheets. It is helpful for data collection, organization, calculations and analysis.
- Google Sites can be used to create and share internal websites with other FCPS Google Workspace users.
- Google Slides allow users to create, edit and collaborate on presentations online.
- Google Tasks enable users to create, edit and organize task lists.
- Google Additional Services are available with parent permission