School Board Meetings
The Fairfax County School Board holds two business meetings each month.
School Board MeetingChannel 99 Livestream
The Board holds regular business meetings at 7 p.m. twice monthly in the auditorium at Jackson Middle School, 3020 Gallows Road, Falls Church. In accordance with the Virginia Freedom of Information Act, closed meetings are held only for consideration of certain student, personnel, property, and legal matters.
Meeting agendas and minutes can be found on BoardDocs.
- Information on citizen participation at board meetings
- Register to speak at a meeting
- Submit a video testimony
- Board Annual Work Calendar
- 2020-21 Board Meeting minutes, videos, agendas and photos
- 2019-20 Board Meeting minutes, videos, agendas and photos
- 2018-19 Board Meeting minutes, videos, agendas and photos
- Minutes prior to 2017
Work sessions of the Board are held to examine subjects in greater depth than is possible during business meetings. All-day work sessions are held in the School Board Conference Room 1600 at the Gatehouse Administration Center, 8115 Gatehouse Road, Falls Church.
A Board member may bring any issue to a Board Forum where the Board member may speak or present an issue of concern or request for information.
- Forum topics and outcomes 2020-21
- Forum topics and outcomes 2019-20
- Forum topics and outcomes 2018-19
- Forum topics and outcomes 2017-18
The School Board schedules public hearings on specific topics, such as boundaries, budget, and the Capital Improvement Program. Public hearings are held in the auditorium at Jackson Middle School, 3020 Gallows Road, Falls Church.
Special meetings of the Board can include joint meetings, education summits, Board retreats, and budget roundtable dialogues with stakeholders.