Department of Human Resources
By recruiting, developing, recognizing, and retaining outstanding employees, Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) is committed to building a world-class workforce dedicated to educational excellence. The Department of Human Resources is made up of four offices and each provides an integral task in supporting this mission.
The Office of Benefit Services administers the division’s benefit programs in a fair and equitable manner that complies with all applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations. The office actively manages all employee insurance and financial programs, which include medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term care insurance; healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts; and 403(b) and 457(b) tax-deferred retirement savings programs.
- Learn more about benefit services for prospective employees
- Learn more about benefit services for current employees
- Learn more about benefit services for retirees
- Learn more about benefit services for former employees
The Office of Business Services supports the FCPS workforce and the effective operation of the Department of Human Resources by administering various initiatives and programs and overseeing the department’s fiscal and technology resources. HRBS provides customer service to potential, current, and former employees through the HR Connection online portal; manages salary plans and internal employee transfers; maintains official personnel records; processes new employees; provides employment verifications, and offers divisionwide training on Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) compliance and time and attendance processing.
- Learn more about salary services
- Explore our employee recognition programs
- See more about HR technology
- Visit the FCPS welcome center
Employee Labor Relations
This ERFC main webpage offers detailed information about the Educational Employees' Supplementary Retirement System (ERFC), which provides an independent retirement plan for FCPS' full-time and monthly-paid personnel. ERFC supplements primary benefits earned and received separately from VRS and Social Security.
The Office of Equity and Employee Relations (EER) ensures fair and equitable treatment of staff and compliance with federal, state, and local laws, as well as FCPS policies and regulations affecting equal opportunity in education and employment. To that end, EER monitors activities ranging from performance evaluation to ensuring a discrimination-free workplace. The office facilitates assessment processes that support the supervision, development, and retention of a high-performing workforce.
- Learn about the American with Disabilities Act and our reasonable accommodations
- View information about our Title IX regulation, who to contact to file a complaint and other resources
- Read about our process for filing a complaint of discrimination
- Learn more about the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Complete a sign language interpreter accommodation form
This Office of Talent Acquisition & Management (TAM) recruits, selects, and hires an outstanding and diverse workforce that is committed to fostering educational excellence.