School Health Services
Important Health Authorization Forms including Epipen and Inhaler Authorization forms can be found here.
Return to School: Student Health and Safety Guidance
Return to School: Health, Mental Health, and Community Resources
Video: How to Put On and Take Off a Face Covering-Student Procedures
FCPS + GMU = A Healthier Community
In the video below, learn about health services that are available to those without health insurance who are registering at the Dunn Loring Student Registration Welcome Center. This program, Mason and Partners Clinic (MAPs), is a partnership between FCPS and George Mason University. The clinic is housed at the FCPS Dunn Loring Administrative Center (2334 Gallows Rd, Vienna, VA 22182). Call 703-204-6740 for more information.
Vaping: What Students Should Know
Information on Vaping/Juuling
Eating DisordersEating disorders are behaviors that can lead to serious health problems. When discovered early, eating disorders are treatable.
Lice Treatment and Prevention
Bed Bug Information
Management of Life Threatening Allergies
School Health and Wellness
School Health Advisory Committee
About School Health Services
Our comprehensive school health program has eight elements, touching all aspects of the school experience and having potential to have a significant impact on students' health knowledge, attitudes, and values. Leadership for each of these elements is provided by several departments within the school system and by the health department. The health department acts in a consultant role to support the services provided by the divisions within the schools.
- Health Education provides a sequential grades preK-12 instructional program addressing the physical, mental, emotional, and social dimensions of health.
- Physical Education serves as a means for students to develop strength, coordination, and cardiovascular and respiratory efficiency, as well as for social development, stress reduction, and movement appreciation.
- Health Services promotes the health of students and school staff members through prevention, early intervention, and remediation of specific health problems.
- Counseling provides broad-based prevention and intervention programs to promote the physical and psychological health of students and faculty.
- School Environment creates and maintains facilities that enhance the physical and psychological well being of students. It also provides school clinics to manage injuries and illnesses of students and staff members.
- School Nutrition promotes good nutritional practices both within and outside the school settings (breakfast and lunch programs and nutrition education in the classroom).
- Employee Assistance Program (Staff Wellness) provides school staff members with the opportunity to take active roles in maintaining and achieving optimal physical and psychological health.
- School and Community Agencies integrates health and education professionals in the school and community to provide and support improved school health programs.