Tutor.com - Online Tutoring Services
Online tutoring by professional tutors at no cost to families
This web page is being translated through "machine translation" using Google Translate. [Disclaimer]
We are excited to share a great opportunity for FCPS students! Starting April 14, 2022, students will have unlimited access to 24/7, on-demand, online tutoring support services through Tutor.com at no cost to families. Students can connect online any time, any place, and in most K-12 subjects for however long they need. Tutoring may be on-demand and/or scheduled at a time convenient for the student and/or family.
Tutoring is focused instruction provided to students in a one-on-one format (voice and/or text chat). Tutors will focus on developing student’s strengths and capabilities in reading, mathematics, or other specified subjects. Tutoring services may be accessed before, during or after school hours and/or weekends.
Tutoring Program Details
- Tutoring is available in most K-12 subjects.
- Student participation in online (voice and/or text chat) tutoring services is completely optional.
- Students will use the same FCPS-sponsored platforms they are familiar with for online learning.
- The tutors employed by Tutor.com do not work for Fairfax County Public Schools.
- All tutors are subject matter experts and must pass a thorough background check conducted by Tutor.com and meet Federal and State requirements (aligned to FCPS practice).
- FCPS school staff do not participate in the online tutoring sessions between a student and their tutor.
- FCPS does not assume responsibility for supervision during tutoring sessions.
- For the purposes of safety and security, every tutoring session is recorded, and transcripts are available (up to 6 months) for students, parents and FCPS staff to review if needed.