Parent Resource Center In-Person Tutor List
Do you need an in-person tutor for your child?
This web page is being translated through "machine translation" using Google Translate. [Disclaimer]
The 2021-2022 School Year In-Person Tutor List is updated monthly. Please email the Parent Resource Center for a list of available in-person tutors.
The FCPS Parent Resource Center (PRC) Tutor List contains the names of current FCPS employees who hold a valid and current teaching license in Virginia and want to tutor after their contracted school day.
- Must apply every year.
- Are current FCPS employees
- Are private, independent contractors who provide instructional services to the public for a fee.
- May not provide services during school hours or on FCPS property (unless they have paid the appropriate rental fees).
- Staff interested in tutoring should visit the FCPS Tutoring Hub page.
- Email the PRC for the list of tutors.
- Parents who want to hire one of these instructors should make arrangements directly with the tutor. FCPS is not responsible for these arrangements.
- FCPS cannot guarantee the instructors’ licensure status, the content of their private tutoring services, suitability for a particular child, or costs.
- Neither the PRC nor anyone else at FCPS will make recommendations about the relative merits of the instructors.
- Parents are not required to hire any of these instructors, and students do not need to use their services in order to succeed in FCPS.
- Claims or concerns about tutor services should be raised directly with the tutor, not FCPS.
- This list is a resource offered by the PRC, but parents are responsible for contacting and working directly with the tutors.
- Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) employees may not tutor or provide private instruction to their own students for private compensation. Please see Regulation 4705 (PDF)