Transcript and Records Information
Need a copy of your student record? Request a transcript.
Transcripts are the school records that document a student’s attendance, classes taken, and grades earned during each school year.
A request for a student's transcript (or other school records) requires a signed release:
- from the student, if he or she is 18 years of age or older or is enrolled in postsecondary education
- from the parent or legal guardian, if the student is under 18 years of age.
Where to Make Your Request for Records
If the student currently attends FCPS or last attended FCPS in the past 5 years, submit your request to the LAST school attended. See the Directory of Fairfax County Public Schools.
- If a student attended an FCPS elementary school and progressed to an FCPS middle school, the remaining elementary records are at the middle school.
- If a student attended an FCPS middle school and progressed to an FCPS high school, the remaining records are at the high school.
If the student last attended an FCPS school in the 2012-13 school year or an earlier school year, make your request to the Fairfax County Public Schools' Records Center using the following options:
How to Request Records
- Verifications - Click here if you are a third party agency verifying a student graduation.
- GEDs - Click here if you are trying to obtain a copy of the GED certificate.
- Student (via Online) - Click here if you are a former student and would like to order your transcript online paying using a secure credit or debit card payment system.
- Student (via Mail) - Click here if you are a former student and would like to order your transcript via the Mail-In system. Send completed form along with proof of identity to the following address:
FCPS, Records Center, Attention Registrar
3701 Franconia Road
Alexandria, VA 22310
Walk-in service is also available at this address Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. You may send an e-mail to FCPS transcripts with any questions that are not answered on this page. Please use door #6 when you arrive. Please bring identification such as a driver's license or birth certificate.
- Student's full name (as it was when attending school).
- Student's date of birth.
- Name of the last FCPS school attended.
- Month and year the student last attended an FCPS school.
- Whether the student graduated or withdrew.
- The records being requested (high school transcript, middle school transcript, immunization records…)
- The reason the transcript is being requested (i.e., education, employment, identification, etc.).
- Full address(es) of where to send the copies.
- The signature of either the parent or legal guardian, or the student depending on the student’s age. When submitting by mail, include a copy of your driver's license (or other U.S. government issued ID) to establish your identity and include a phone number in order to reach you if needed.
The cost for each request is $5.00 for the first six pages copied. If you are paying by cash, check or by money order, please make checks or money orders payable to FCPS.
You may obtain FCPS elementary, middle, and high school transcripts at the same time with the same request (provided the student attended all three levels at FCPS). This can save you money and perhaps avoid another trip to obtain records.
How to Request a Replacement Diploma:
You may request a replacement diploma rather than a transcript if that is your preference. The replacement diploma process will take at least 45 days and the cost is $15.00. Be aware that a replacement diploma is not a copy; it is a reprint and will be marked "Replacement". The replacement will be the current diploma layout with the prior year of graduation documented.
- Click here if you would like to order a replacement diploma online.
- Click here if you would like to order a replacement diploma via mail.
Investigator/Recruiter Transcript Information Sheet
- Investigator/Recruiter Transcript Information Sheet
Former Student Records Request