Transcripts and Student Records

Request a copy of a student record.

Important Message from Fairfax County Public Schools

Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, schools and offices in Fairfax County remain closed, however we are available for a limited amount of services on a request only basis. Please call your school prior to visiting to see if they are allowing the public to make appointments. The Document Management office continues to respond to requests for alumni student records submitted during this time, however:

- The service may take longer if requesting services delivered through the U.S. mail. The U.S. postal service is asking for patience due to unprecedented volume increases and limited employee availability due to COVID. FCPS recommends requesting customers request e-delivery of their transcripts for timely receipt.

- Pick-up options are only available two days a week. An appointment must be set up ahead of time. COVID-19 questions will be asked before visitors are allowed in the building.

Thank you for your understanding and patience during this unusual time.

Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) maintains student records in compliance with laws of both the Commonwealth of Virginia and the federal government. Primary guidance for the handling of scholastic records is from the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), the federal law designed to protect the privacy of a student’s scholastic records. All public schools, including FCPS, are covered by FERPA.

Contact Records Center

Phone: 703-329-7741