Academy Course Program
The FCPS Academy Course Program provides a wide array of professional learning to contracted instructional staff
The FCPS Academy course program:
- Provides professional learning opportunities
- Enhances knowledge and skills aligned with division priorities.
- Supports the comprehensive professional development system serving to develop and retain a premier workforce in FCPS.
Through coursework, participants:
- Gain competencies.
- Work toward professional goals and practices that positively impact student achievement.
|Semester||Registration Begins at 5 p.m.||Most Classes Begin||Most Classes End|
|Spring 2020||January 15||February 3||June 8|
|Summer 2020||May 26||June 15||August 10|
Academy course participants receive Academy credit(s) or recertification points upon successful completion.
Academy courses contribute to professional growth and can be used for:
- Virginia teaching licensure renewal
- Salary scale increase.
- What is the Academy?
- How many courses may I take?
- How may I use academy credits?
Portrait of a Graduate
The tenets of the Portrait of a Graduate student achievement goals are incorporated into our professional development opportunities.