Technology Support for Families
Access technology videos and technology resources to help your student in the virtual learning environment.
Summer 2021 Update
- Students who need a laptop for summer learning simply keep them. They should already have a check-out form on-file, and will not need to re-submit that until the fall.
- In some cases, schools have scheduled a quick-check window before end of school for students retaining laptops, but in most cases schools are focusing on collection from those students that do not need to keep the laptop.
- Schools have scheduled a second window during the week of August 9, when summer programs conclude, in which students can bring/drop-off the laptop for a check-in before school starts.
- Re-distribution of devices will happen the first week of school. Students will be coming back to buildings for in-person learning, which keeps distribution logistics easier for families and schools.
- Dedicate a space for your child to do their work.
- The computer needs to be on a level surface. (Laptops should not be used on your child’s lap.)
- Everyone can see where your child is working when their camera is on.
- Students can email teachers through their Gmail account. (studentID@fcpsschools.net).
- Your child may also use this email to reach out to their school counselor and other school staff. Parent emails will not go through fcpsschools.net
- Help your child stick to a schedule.
- Have your child follow the schedule for meeting with teachers.
- Your child may use the other days to complete assigned work and check in when needed.
Encourage your child to be open and flexible to learn this new way together.
A one-page Technology Tips for Families is available in multiple languages to help you support your child with virtual learning. Select your language below to access this helpful virtual learning technology resource.
General Computer Use
1. Disconnect, then reconnect to the internet.
2. Restart your device.
- Refresh the web page. Click on the refresh icon.
- Try using another browser.
- Check your Internet connection.
- Username: Student ID number
- Password: The FCPS network ( and ) share the same password.
Forgot or Need to Change Your Password for FCPS 24-7, SIS Account, Google, or the FCPS Network?
- Recover or reset a forgotten password or change an existing password by visiting our password management page.
- Still need help? Submit a ticket on our Parent and Student IT Support Portal and a tech support person will be back in touch with you as soon as possible.
G Suite for Education provides a suite of cloud-based tools to schools. The tools and services include messaging and collaboration apps, such as Gmail, Google Drive, Calendar, Classroom, Meet, and Chrome Sync.
Signing on to the Google Classroom (Video, 3:06)
If your child's teacher is using Google Classroom for assignments, you will need to log on using your child's FCPSschools.net email account.
What do I need?
A computer (desktop, laptop, tablet, or smart phone) and internet connection.
How do I login?
- Open Google Chrome
- Go to www.fcpsschools.net
- Enter your child’s 7-digit studentID number and click Next
- Enter your child’s FCPS password and click Next
- Access Gmail from the 3x3 apps grid in the upper-right
SIS ParentVUE Access
- get access to your student's courses
- view your student's records including scheduling, attendance, discipline, health, grades, test results, and academic programs
The Student Information System (SIS) supports all aspects of a student’s educational experience and includes demographic data and information related to scheduling, attendance, discipline, health, grades, test results, and academic programs. SIS is a secure, web-based system accessible by staff, students, and parents.
Schoology is a learning management system. The platform will be used division wide in fall 2021. Get help with Schoology. Schoology Parent Account Provides: access to view your child’s courses, groups, assignments, and calendar. Parents can also check messages, adjust their notification settings, and access additional groups or courses if they are enrolled as members.
Students - Do you need Tech Support?
1 – Check in with your teacher or school technology specialist (TSSpec) for help.
2 – Go to our Student Technology Support Request to submit a request for help.
The Parent Technology Help Desk will continue to support parents and students through the summer months. Help Desk agents can be reached at 833 921-3277 (833-921-FCPS) from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday through Friday. Outside of those hours, parents can also visit the Parent and Student IT Support Portal to find self-help resources or submit a tech support request ticket.
Parent Technology Help DeskThe Parent Technology Help Desk can be reached at 833-921-3277 (833-921-FCPS) and will be answered by staff members between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday-Friday.
For assistance, call the Parent Information Phone lines:
- አማርኛ (Amharic): 571-423-4957
- العربية (Arabic): 571-423-4952
- 中文 (Chinese): 571-423-4953
- فارسی (Farsi): 571-423-4954
- 한국어 (Korean): 571-423-4951
- Español (Spanish): 571-423-4950
- اردو (Urdu): 571-423-4955
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese): 571-423-4956
Contact the Parent Resource Center (PRC) at 703-204-3941 for more information.