Student Device Guidelines
Helpful guidance on how to take care of FCPS devices
- FCPS-borrowed Student Devices should be used only in conjunction with projects relating to the educational programs of FCPS. It may not be used as a personal or social device for the student.
- The device is valuable and should be treated appropriately. It should not be thrown or dropped. It should never be placed on the roof or hood of a car, on the sidewalk or street, or treated in any way that may cause it to be crushed, dropped, or damaged.
- The Student Device is for your use only. Friends, other students, siblings, cousins, or other people should not use it. Keep it away from pets at all times.
- The Student Device should never be left unattended in the classroom, on the bus, in the hallway, in the lunchroom, in the gym, or any other public place.
- The device should not be used near water, household chemicals, food or drink, or other liquids that could damage its electronic components.
- When carried outside, the device must be protected in such a way that rain, snow, ice, excessive heat and/or cold will not damage it.
- The device should be kept in a secure location at all times when not in use.
- The device should be fully charged when brought to school for use during the day.
- All files should be save in Blackboard or Google Apps for Education, not on the computer hard drive.
- Tech support is provided at your school, for your laptop, during school hours only. DO NOT TAKE THE LAPTOP TO A RETAIL STORE FOR REPAIR. The device is covered by a FCPS warranty.
- Tech staff and a Student Tech Team are available at a designated location, before school and during lunch sessions. Take your laptop to one of the support team members during the advertised hours. Your laptop will be repaired or you will be given a loaner device.
School staff should be informed of a lost/stolen device as soon as possible. If you believe your device was stolen, report it immediately to the police.
Listed below are the items that students will receive and the cost to replace items if they are not returned at the end of the school year during collection:
Dell Latitude 3300 ($467)
90W AC adapter ($28.00)
If a student leaves the school, it is the parents' responsibility to return all the above items. Any items not returned will be recorded as debt owed to the school.