Check your email, view the Return to Work guide, manage your network account, log into VPN, access tech resources, request a substitute, and more.
The Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) Return to Work Guide is based on the guidelines provided in the Fairfax Forward Employee Guide and adheres to the phased reopening guidelines outlined by Governor Ralph Northam, in accordance with Forward Virginia Guidance. Information will continue to be updated as we learn more and establish new practices and policies. The following guidelines are applicable to all FCPS facilities, including schools and administrative buildings.
Phased Reopening & Impact on FCPS Operations
Governor Ralph Northam’s guidelines for reopening Virginia is a three-phase plan. On July 1, 2020, the Governor moved Northern Virginia to Phase Three. More information on Phase 3 is available.
For FCPS Employees, Phase 3 means:
In Phase Three, our worksites will be open for employees to work. FCPS continues to encourage employees who can to telework. If you are unsure if you should continue to telework, please contact your program manager.
Information on leave programs for employees who cannot return to work or for whom telework is unavailable are detailed in the full document.
All employees will be asked to wear a face covering or mask in FCPS buildings in open areas and when social distancing cannot be maintained. More details on personal protective equipment (PPE) are available in the complete FCPS Return to Work Guide.
Visitors to FCPS will be required to make an appointment. Visitors to FCPS facilities must also wear a face covering or mask. All buildings will be supplied with disposable masks for visitors who do not have one. Protocols to follow to schedule and receive visitors are available in the complete FCPS Return to Work Guide.
Check Your FCPS E-mail
Online Time and Attendance Entry System
- Log in to MyTime
- Transportation Weekly Report (Transportation drivers and attendants use this application to report time for payroll.)
UConnect - Gateway to Your Human Resources and Payroll Information
Manage Your Network Account
Access the FCPS Network Remotely
Professional Development and Evaluation
Request a Substitute
- Current teachers and instructional assistants are able to request a substitute through SmartFindExpress or by calling 703-962-1572.
Access FCPS Google Apps for Education
- 2019-2020 Standard School Year Calendar - Subscribe here
- 2019-2020 Employee Calendar - Subscribe here
Social Media Guidance for Staff
Technology Support for Employees
- If you are an FCPS employee and you require technical assistance, please contact the IT Service Desk at ITServiceDesk@fcps.edu. Additional support options are available via FCPS Intranet when you are at an FCPS site or connect through VPN.
- Educational Employees' Supplementary Retirement System of Fairfax County (ERFC) and ERFCDirect (account access)
- Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Fairfax County Employees’ Retirement System (FCERS)
Discounts and Incentives
Professional Development Opportunities
Current Employee Benefits
Equity and Employee Relations (EER)
Employee Recognition Programs
Substitute Teaching Opportunities
Given the unique nature of the closures related to COVID-19, Fairfax County Public Schools will suspend, for this school year, its requirement that substitutes sub a minimum of ten days per school year in order to remain active.
FCPS School and Centers Maps
Apple Federal Credit Union
More employee resources can be found on the FCPS Intranet (VPN may be required).