Looking to try out for high school sports?
Students and parents will need to complete several steps prior to participating in high school sports, including:
- A completed VHSL Pre-Participation Exam Form (must be on the VHSL form and completed after May 1, 2019, in order to be valid for the 2019-20 school year). Please note: You can also choose to have your student attend an upcoming VHSL Pre-participation Physical Exam screening. These will take place at 25 locations in May and June.
- Parent Concussion Education (online through FCPS).
- Student Concussion Education (online through FCPS).
- An Emergency Care Card (available as part of FCPS General Registration packet).
- A completed Student Participation Pledge (will be available before the first contest date of fall season).
Virginia High School League Pre-participation Exam FormStudents must have a completed physical exam prior to participating in high school sports. The exam must be completed by a MD, DO, NP or PA on the current VHSL form. The form must be completed by the physician after May 1, 2019, to be valid for the 2019-20 school year. Completed forms should be turned in to the Activities Office at school.
Voluntary Student Insurance
Interscholastic Sports in FCPS
|Cheerleading – Varsity, JV, Freshman||Boys and Girls Basketball - Varsity, JV, Freshman||
Baseball – Varsity, JV
|Boys and Girls Cross Country||Girls Gymnastics||Boys and Girls Crew*|
|Girls Field Hockey – Varsity, JV, Freshman*||Riflery*||Boys and Girls Lacrosse– Varsity, JV|
|Football – Varsity, JV, Freshman||Boys and Girls Swimming/Diving||Boys and Girls Soccer - Varsity, JV|
|Boys and Girls Golf||Boys and Girls Track and Field||Softball – Varsity, JV|
|Girls Volleyball - Varsity, JV, Freshman||Wrestling – Varsity, JV||Boys and Girls Tennis|
|Boys and Girls Track and Field|
Coed Sports - Baseball, Cheerleading, Football, Golf, Riflery*, Wrestling
*Club Sports are not necessarily VHSL sanctioned, but are FCPS sanctioned and are financially self-supporting activities.
Regional Membership of FCPS in Virginia High School League
Each FCPS high school is a member of the Virginia High School League (VHSL) and is assigned in one of three regions.
|Freedom (PW)||Stonewall Jackson||Falls Church|
|Lake Braddock||Oakton||Rock Ridge|
|Mount Vernon||Osbourn||Stone Bridge|
|West Potomac||South Lakes|
|T. C. Williams||Westfield|
|Chantilly||Langley||Hayfield||Lake Braddock||Falls Church|
|Madison||McLean||Mount Vernon||Robinson||Thomas Jefferson|
|Oakton||South Lakes||West Potomac||South County||Justice|
|Westfield||Washington-Lee||T.C. Williams||West Springfield||Lee|
Want to Know More