Portrait of a Graduate
A goal of FCPS is to provide opportunities for students to demonstrate learning in authentic ways and support students in the development of skills that employers are seeking for the workforce. Teachers in FCPS are enhancing learning opportunities to include the Portrait of a Graduate attributes:
- Ethical and Global Citizen
- Creative and Critical Thinker
- Goal-Directed and Resilient Individual
To develop these skills, FCPS strives for all students to:
- Develop knowledge and skills that can be applied across subject areas and in real life settings.
- Utilize and grow critical thinking skills that require them to go beyond the facts.
- Engage in learning that fosters curiosity.
- Confront and make contributions to solving real-world problems.
- Demonstrate learning and skills in a variety of ways, such as projects and portfolios.
- Set goals and reflect on their progress.
Ancient World Cultures
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Ethical and Global Citizenship
- World Geography
- Ancient Civilizations:
- West African Empire of Mali
- Within each ancient civilization, students will learn about:
- Change Over Time
- Modern Day Influences