Virginia School Survey of Climate and Working Conditions (Student Survey)
This survey provides schools with information on school climate, safety, and working conditions.
Fairfax County Public Schools will participate in the 2023 Virginia School Survey of Climate and Working Conditions.
About the Survey
- The purpose of the survey is to provide schools with information on school climate, safety, and working conditions in order to maintain a safe and orderly school environment conducive to learning.
- This anonymous survey measures student and teacher/staff perceptions of:
- school rules and discipline,
- teacher-student relationships,
- student engagement in school, and
- the extent of bullying and teasing at school.
- The survey is a component of the annual school safety audit which school divisions are required to submit to the Virginia Center for School and Campus Safety (VCSCS), according to the Code of Virginia.
The survey will be conducted between January 30 and February 17, 2023. All schools with programs for students in grades 6-8 are expected to take the survey.
- The survey will be administered online and will be accessed with any device connected to the internet.
- The survey takes approximately 25-30 minutes to complete.
- Schools will provide opt-out procedures and forms for parents and/or guardians who wish to opt their student out of this survey.
For additional information on the survey please visit the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services webpage.