Parent Resource Center Library
PRC Library Procedures
Browse our Library Online
Welcome to the Library
The Parent Resource Center Lending Library contains over 10,000 books, eBooks, DVDs, and CDs on topics related to parenting and educating all children including those with learning challenges, mental health concerns, special needs, and disabilities.
2021-2022 SY Hours:
The Parent Resource Center is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Families should enter the building at Door 4 and take the elevator or stairs to the first floor.
- Appointments are not necessary to browse the library and check out resources.
- You can search our library online.
- Contactless pickup is also available upon request.
- Please contact the PRC if you would like materials sent to your child's school or your FCPS office.
- All visitors whether vaccinated or not must wear a mask.
In-Person: Browse our Library in person on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Virtually: Choose Materials to be picked up
- Browse the library online: (login not required to find materials)
- Browse our padlet for recommendations
- Speak with a staff member to help choose materials: call or email
- Find eBooks
Our staff has curated top resources from our library, webinars, and digital resources on some of our most requested topics.
Supporting Children and Teens with ADHD
Supporting Children and Teens with anxiety
Supporting Children and Teens with big emotions
Supporting Children and Teens with motivation
- In-Person: Browse the library on Tuesdays and Wednesdays 8-4.
- Contactless Pick-up
- The Parent Resource Center library is located at 2334 Gallows Road, Entrance #1, Room 105, Dunn Loring, Virginia 22027 (map)
- Pick up days are Tuesdays and Wednesdays
- Call 703-204-3941 upon your arrival.
- A PRC staff member will greet you at door 1 with the requested materials for contactless pickup. Please follow recommended guidelines by wearing a mask.
Beginning again in the fall: If you can’t get to us, we can use the inter‐library loan system within FCPS to send it to your child's school library. The school will contact you and make an appointment for pick up.
- Return library materials to us 24/7 in our Book Return located at Entrance 1 of the Dunn Loring Center for Parent Services (map).
- Make an appointment with your child's school to return the materials in the provided envelope.