Notices Relating to Benefit Programs
Federal and State Mandates that Apply to Public Sector Benefit Plans
Your FCPS benefits comply with all federal and state mandates that apply to public sector benefit plans. Part of this federal legislation requires FCPS to distribute the attached Notice of Coverage Options to all employees, as part of the Affordable Care Act. Additionally, there are a number of required legislation-specific notices that must be provided to employees who are covered by the FCPS Group Health Plan. They are listed below.
Please ensure you share these notices to your family members who participate, or who are eligible to participate, in the FCPS Group Health Plans.
- Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Notice of Privacy Practices
- Women's Health and Cancer Rights Act (WHCRA)
- Newborns’ and Mothers’ Health Protection Act
- Mandatory Insurer Reporting Law
- Genetic Information Non-Discrimination Act (GINA)
- Children’s Health Insurance Program Notice (CHIP)
- Mental Health Parity & Addiction Equity Act
Although these notices are related to our health plans, they are not part of the annual Open Enrollment process.
No response to these notices is required. However, if you have questions about the content of these notices, please contact the Office of Benefit Services at 571-423-3200, option 3 or email [email protected].
Notice of Coverage Options
New Health Insurance Marketplace coverage options and your health coverage.