Wellness Resources for Retirees
Flu Shot Program
Retirees and family members of employees/retirees may receive a seasonal flu immunization at an FCPS flu shot clinic.
Upcoming Flu Shot Clinics will be scheduled in the Fall.
Tobacco Cessation Resources
Aetna/Innovation Health Members
Log into your Navigator for more information on these services:
- Neighborhood Wellness Coaching at CVS MinuteClinics
- Be Tobacco Free Online Health Coaching Program
Log into your My Account page for more information on these services:
- QuitNet Tobacco Cessation Program
Kaiser Permanente Members
Log into your kp.org account for more information on these services:
- Introductory One-Session Commit to Quit Class
- Telephonic Wellness Coaching
- HealthMedia® Breathe
State and Federal Government Tobacco Cessation Resources
- SmokefreeTXT - mobile text messaging service designed for adults and young adults across the United States who are trying to quit smoking. Message and data rates may apply.
- Quit Now Virginia - free information and coaching by telephone or online to residents who want to quit smoking or using other tobacco products. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Speak to an Expert - The National Cancer Institute’s trained counselors provide information and support for quitting in English and Spanish. Call Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. EST.
Gym and Fitness Discounts
The Gatehouse Fitness Center, located in the Gatehouse Administration Center, is free for all FCPS employees and retirees to use after filling out a participation agreement.
This fitness center equipment includes a variety of cardio machines with personal televisions and circuit machines. A variety of fee-based group exercise classes are also available throughout the day.
Fitness center hours are Monday - Friday from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Savings for Staff is a program that offers discounts on hundreds of local and national products and services to FCPS employees. These offers include deals on wellness products, gyms, exercise classes and more. This program is available to all FCPS employees, including retirees and new hires.