Credit Recovery Academy: Grades 7-12
The Credit Recovery Academy provides an opportunity for students to recover one high school course credit. Students may not take these courses for new course credit. Students are eligible to enroll in a Credit Recovery Academy course if they have previously received a grade of F. However, students who have passed Algebra 1 may take the Credit Recovery Academy course to improve their understanding and skills before the next school year. No additional course credit will be awarded to these students. Transportation information will be communicated to families prior to the start of the program.
Registration for Credit Recovery Academy courses opens April 29, 2019
Class Dates: July 8-July 26, 2019
Times: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Registration Dates: Monday, April 29 - Monday, June 24, 2019
- FCPS Students: No Tuition
- Out-of-County Students: $600
- Out-of-County Students SOL Remediation (Algebra 1, Biology, Geometry, or World History 1): $400
- Emergency Care Form
- Health Information
- Medication Authorization
- Epinephrine Authorization
- Inhaler Authorization
- Only students in credit recovery courses receive grades.
- Grades will be calculated according to guidelines outlined in FCPS High School Grading and Reporting to Parents.
- Grade point average (GPA) is calculated on the basis of all courses for which credit has been earned or attempted, including repeated courses previously passed.
- Withdrawing from a course:
- Students who withdraw from July 8-July 11 may do so without a grade penalty.
- Students who withdraw from July 12-July 23 will receive a mark of withdrawn failing (WF) or withdrawn passing (WP).
- Students who withdraw after July 23 will receive a mark of withdrawn pass (WP) or fail (F).
SOL and WorkKeys Testing Requirement
Students will take the Standards of Learning End of Course Test:
- If required for federal accountability.
- For use as a verified credit (high school credit courses only).
All students will need to show a photo ID (e.g., driver’s license, school ID, passport) to enter the testing location. If a student cannot show proof of identity, he or she will not be able to take the test.
Credit Recovery Academy sites are determined by the student's base school during the 2018-19 school year. Please use the chart below to determine your summer 2019 site.
Credit Recovery Academy Site
|Justice High School||Justice HS
Falls Church HS
Lake Braddock SS
|South Lakes High School||South Lakes HS
Mt. View HS
|Lee High School||Lee HS
Mount Vernon HS
South County HS
West Potomac HS
West Springfield HS