Health and Medical Sciences - High School
Health and Medical Sciences provides a wide variety of broad and specialized competency based courses introducing students to a variety of health career choices.
Health and Medical Sciences courses facilitate career preparation in areas such as animal science, dental careers, emergency response, medical assisting, nursing, pharmacy, firefighting, dental, and health informatics Students have the opportunity to apply the skills learned by participating or observing in a variety of health care settings.
- Health Occupations Students of America
- The Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA) is an organization for students enrolled in any Health Occupations program. HOSA provides a means for members to develop leadership qualities by planning well-rounded, health related activities that emphasize the promotion of wellness and prevention of illness within their home, school and community. Information related
- Virginia Association Health Occupations Students of America
- The Virginia Association Health Occupations Students of America (VAHOSA) focuses on HOSA activities in the state of Virginia.
- SkillsUSA is a partnership of students, teachers and industry working together to ensure America has a skilled work force.
Descriptions and Objectives are available in the FCPS Course Catalog.
- 911 Dispatch
- Biotechnology Foundations
- Coding/Billing 1
- Coding/Billing 2
- Dental Careers 1
- Dental Careers 2
- Emergency Medical Technician 1
- Emergency Medical Technician 2
- Exploring Health Sciences
- Exploring the Language of Medicine
- Firefighting 1
- Firefighting 2
- Health Informatics 1
- Intro to Nursing 1/2
- Medical Assistant 1
- Medical Assistant 2
- Patient Care Technician
- Pharmacy Technician 1
- Pharmacy Technician 2
- Physical Therapy/Occupational Therapy 1
- Physical Therapy/Occupational Therapy 2
- Practical Nursing 1
- Practical Nursing 2
- Veterinary Sciences 1
- Veterinary Sciences 2