Section 504: Forms, Related Documents, and Resources
Titles of forms and documents related to Section 504. Includes Section 504 Procedural Safeguards and the Section 504 Procedures Manual.
Designing 504 Plans to Promote Equity and Inclusion: Parents as Partners with SchoolsA presentation on how parents and schools can work together through the 504 process. Presenters: Kathy Murphy, Section 504 Specialist, Donna Desaulniers, Manager, School Psychology Services, and Kristen Biernesser, Resource Counselor, School Counseling Services
Forms documenting the referral, evaluation, initial qualification, reevaluation, 504 Plan, and any causality hearings for a student considered for and/or qualified with a disability under Section 504 should be maintained in the student’s scholastic record.
SS/SE 348: Special Permission Locally Awarded Verified Credit Accommodation (SPLAVC-A) Criteria Form
For more information on Section 504 forms or related documents please contact the Section 504 School Based Coordinator (SBC) at your school.
- 504 Plan Calculator Criteria Form (SS/SE-272)
- 504 Plan Meeting Agenda (SS/SE-339)
- 504 Plan Read Aloud or Audio Accommodation Form (SS/SE-274)
- 504 Plan (Testing) Accommodations:
- Elementary Accommodations (SS/SE-86A)
- Middle School Accommodations (SS/SE-86B)
- High School Accommodations (SS/SE-86D)
- Consent to Exchange Confidential Student Information (SS/SE-79A)
- Credit Accommodation Eligibility Form (SS/SE-353)
- Local Screening Committee Report (SS/SE-14)
- Multipurpose Referral (SS/SE-5, 5A)
- Notice of Local Screening Meeting (SS/SE-83)
- Notice Not to Evaluate (SS/SE-13)
- Parent Information (SS/SE-127)
- Parent Notice of Section 504 Causality Hearing (SS/SE-220A)
- Section 504 Causality Hearing (SS/SE-220)
- Section 504: Parent Consent for Individualized Assessment (SS/SE-86G)
- Section 504 Plan Credit Accommodations Eligibility Form (SS/SE-86H)
- Section 504 Qualification (SS/SE-85)
- Section 504 Transfer Student Documentation (SS/SE-86T)
- Special Permission Locally Awarded Verified Credit Accommodation (SPLAVC-A) Criteria Form (SS/SE-348)
- Student Audit Trail (SS/SE-8)
- Student Observation (SS/SE-23)
- Teacher Narrative (SS/SE-22)
- Virginia Special Education Procedural Safeguards Requirement (SS/SE-4)
If a student transfers to another school within FCPS, the file is to be forwarded to the new school in accordance with regulations.
The student’s parent or guardian may examine his or her child’s educational record upon request (see Management of the Student Scholastic Record manual).
- The Section 504 Regulations (34 C.F.R. Part 104)
- United States Department of Justice Civil Rights Division: Information and Technical Assistance on the Americans with Disabilities Act
- United States Department of Education: Frequently Asked Questions About Section 504 and the Education of Children with Disabilities
- Parent Resource Center workshop on February 9, 2018 - Section 504: What Parents Need to Know
- Parent and Educator Resource Guide to Section 504 in Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
Section 504 Procedures Manual
The information available throughout the Section 504 Information website is included in this PDF.