Teach for ACE
Teach for ACE
Send your résumé and a statement of why you want to teach for FCPS Adult and Community Education to:
Adult and Community Education
6815 Edsall Road, Springfield, VA 22151
- Paid position per FCPS pay scale, including annual cost-of-living increase (as approved by the School Board).
- Discounts for computer hardware and software.
- Reduced rates for Adult and Community Education classes.
- Membership eligibility to Apple Federal Credit Union.
- Employee incentives.
- Incentives for apartment rental.
- Access to Fairfax County housing programs, including First Time Homebuyers Program.
FCPS Adult ESOL teachers are passionate, creative and dedicated professionals who strive to provide their students with high quality instruction in a supportive environment. We are always interested in talking with adult ESOL professionals who want to know more about opportunities with our program. We have day and evening part-time teaching positions available at competitive hourly pay. New teachers are provided orientation training and support as they get started in the program and all teachers can take advantage of ongoing professional development and training activities to expand and enhance their skills.
Are you an adult ESOL professional with the following?
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (Master’s preferred)
- Experience teaching ESOL (preferably Adult ESOL)
- Basic computer skills and ability to learn new applications as needed
- Ability/willingness to integrate technology into instruction
- An approach to instruction that supports our program’s philosophy and priorities