Assessment Reporting Practices and Timelines
Reports for students' assessments are delivered to families in different ways
How Do Families Receive Spring Assessment Results?
Starting in late May, caregivers receive reports for assessments their students completed during the spring. Scores are delivered in the Student Information System (SIS) ParentVUE, by mail, or from the school or testing organization. Click the link for each test below to find more details on how scores are reported to families.
Results Reported in SIS ParentVUE "Documents"
Look in the SIS ParentVUE “Documents” section to find custom reports from the current spring:
- Standards of Learning (SOL), grades 3-12, expected the week of June 12
- Math Inventory(MI)/Reading Inventory (RI), middle/high schools, expected the week of June 20
- grades 1-2, expected the week of June 5
- grades 3-6, expected the week of June 20
For SOL, MI/RI, and iReady assessments, custom reports are provided from the student's school for families without a SIS ParentVUE account.
Results Delivered Through U.S. Mail
Watch the mail for custom score reports from the current spring:
- Virginia Kindergarten Readiness Program (VKRP), grades PreK-K, expected mid-July
- Virginia Alternate Assessment Program (VAAP), grades 3-8, 10-11, expected mid-August
VKRP and VAAP reports are centrally sent to families through U.S. Mail.
Results Communicated From the School or Testing Organization
Expect scores to come from the school or testing organization for:
- WIDA annual assessment, English learners grades K-12, sent home from the school the week of June 12
- Advanced Placement (AP) scores, grades 9-12, accessed through students’ College Board accounts by late July
Need to create a SIS ParentVUE account?SIS ParentVUE Account Registration
Ready to view assessment results in SIS ParentVUE?SIS ParentVUE Account Login
VVAAS Student Assessment Summary Report
The week of June 12, some families will also receive a Virginia’s Visualization and Analytics Solution (VVAAS) Student Assessment Summary report with historical Standards of Learning (SOL) test results from previous years. The report provides SOL results for students grades 4-12 for SOL tests they completed from 2015-16 through 2021-22.
Reports are delivered through the SIS ParentVUE “Documents” section. For families without a SIS ParentVUE account, reports are centrally mailed to the family's home.