2021 GBSI - FCPS Resources
2021 Virtual Summer Institute
- FCPS’ employee website provides a modern and accessible gateway to the information employees need. This site lets employees search both FCPS’ public and employee webpages and features news, tools, resources, events, organizations, forms, directories, and customizable quick links.
- Enhance your career or explore new possibilities through our adult Career and Technical Education courses. We offer a wide range of career and enrichment training opportunities. FCPS employees receive a 25% discount on tuition for most ACE courses.
- We offer and support family engagement programs and resources that engage families, schools, and the community in support of student success and healthy development. We support all schools and families by providing workshops and professional development opportunities on effective family and community engagement. Our parent capacity building programs provide learning opportunities that build on the strengths and assets of families to support their child’s learning at home.
- Search our online professional development management system where employees are able to complete the step by step evaluation process, view and register for training and professional development opportunities, and access transcripts for tracking professional development hours.
- We employ teachers who work in the afternoons or evenings to provide instruction to students who are unable to attend school for various reasons (illness, injury, or disciplinary misconduct). Our teachers provide individual instruction to these students either at the students’ home or in local libraries. This work is a flexible and rewarding part-time option for teachers. OSS hires homebound teachers throughout the school year. The hourly pay for the upcoming school year is $35.05 per hour.
- School Psychologists positively impact the academic and social-emotional development of all students through the provision of mental health services that build resiliency, life competencies, and good citizenship.
- We offer a welcoming and engaging environment for parents, educators and community members to access information and resources to support the success of all students, including those with learning challenges, special needs, and disabilities. Free webinars, confidential consultations via in-person (appointment suggested), phone or Google Meet, and web-based e-materials are available.
- School Social Workers are assigned to support every school in FCPS and work with families, students, teachers, and administrators to promote student academic achievement and mental wellness. Students are referred to school social workers for a variety of reasons, including social, emotional, or behavioral difficulties; family needs; or assessments related to special education. School social workers seek to ensure equitable educational opportunities; ensure that students are mentally, physically, and emotionally present in the classroom; and promote respect and dignity for all students. School social workers provide multi-tiered prevention and intervention services to students and their families to include individual, group and family counseling. They also provide professional development to school staff to support trauma-informed classrooms and school communities.
- We are an office dedicated to promoting prevention activities to increase community awareness and collaboration to support healthy life choices. SSAW responsibilities include the Substance Abuse Prevention Program, the MentorWorks program, bullying prevention, gang prevention, and the school probation officer program.
Online communications portal connecting employees and human resources representatives to help provide answers to general and human resources questions including benefits, disability, leave, MyTime and pay.