School Board Meetings
The Fairfax County School Board holds two business meetings each month.
How to Watch School Board Meetings
Meetings can be viewed live:
Recordings of School Board meetings and work sessions can be viewed:
If you need language interpretation or American Sign Language support for any School Board meeting, please contact the Board clerk.
The Board holds regular business meetings at 7:30 p.m. twice monthly in the auditorium at Jackson Middle School, 3020 Gallows Road, Falls Church. In accordance with the Virginia Freedom of Information Act, closed meetings are held only for consideration of certain student, personnel, property, and legal matters.
Meeting agendas and minutes can be found on BoardDocs.
- Information on community participation at board meetings
- Register to speak at a meeting
- Submit a video testimony
- Board Work Calendar and Meeting Dates
- 2022-23 Board Meeting minutes, videos, agendas and photos
- 2021-22 Board Meeting minutes, videos, agendas and photos
- 2020-21 Board Meeting minutes, videos, agendas and photos
- Minutes prior to 2017
Work sessions of the Board are held to examine subjects in greater depth than is possible during business meetings. All-day work sessions are held in the School Board Conference Room 1600 at the Gatehouse Administration Center, 8115 Gatehouse Road, Falls Church.
- Follow up from work sessions (Next Steps)
- 2022-23 Work Session videos and agendas
- 2021-22 Work Session videos and agendas
- 2020-21 Work Session videos and agendas
A Board member may bring any issue to a Board Forum where the Board member may speak or present an issue of concern or request for information.
- Forum topics and outcomes 2022-23
- Forum topics and outcomes 2021-22
- Forum topics and outcomes 2020-21
The School Board schedules public hearings on specific topics, such as boundaries, budget, and the Capital Improvement Program. Public hearings are held in the auditorium at Jackson Middle School, 3020 Gallows Road, Falls Church.
Special meetings of the Board can include joint meetings, education summits, Board retreats, and budget roundtable dialogues with stakeholders.