Mental Health Resources and Emergency Services Information
National and Local Crisis Resources
Call 911 in case of a life threatening emergency; TTY dial 711
CrisisLink Regional Hotline: 703-527-4077
CrisisLink is a hotline for individuals in crisis or family/friends seeking guidance for how to help a loved one
CrisisText: Text NEEDHELP to 85511
Dominion Hospital (Emergency Mental Health Evaluations): 703-538-2872
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK or 1-800-SUICIDE
Sharon Bulova Center for Community Health: 703-573-5679
The Merrifield Center, of the Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board, offers a range of clinical programming. Emergency Services, staffed 24 hours per day, seven days per week, works with people in psychiatric crisis who need immediate attention.
For an emergency mental health assessment, visit your nearest emergency room.
- American Art Therapy Association
- American Psychological Association
- American School Counselor Association
The American School Counselor Association (ASCA) supports school counselors' efforts to help students focus on academic, career and social/emotional development so they achieve success in school and are prepared to lead fulfilling lives as responsible members of society.
- CHADD - The National Resource for ADHD
- Community Services Board - Fairfax County
- Fairfax County Government Prevention Toolkit
Programs and activities can be effective at influencing an individual’s behavior. This toolkit highlights “behind the scenes” areas that must be addressed to help support behavior change.
- Greater Washington Society for Clinical Social Work
- Healthy Minds Fairfax
Healthy Minds Fairfax coordinates a full range of mental health and substance abuse services for children and youth across multiple county agencies, the school system and private treatment providers.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- National Association of School Psychologists
- National Association of Social Workers
- National Institutes of Health: Learning Disabilities
- Northern Virginia Clinical Psychologists
- Northern Virginia Licensed Professional Counselors
- Understood - For Learning & Attention Issues
- Virginia Academy of School Psychologists
- Virginia Psychological Association
This web page contains links to one or more web pages that are outside the FCPS network. FCPS does not control the content or relevancy of these pages.