Supporting the CTE Summer Enrichment Programs
Help us provide summer enrichment opportunities to all students and make this summer their favorite summer!
Career and Technical Education (CTE) is part of the Counseling, College, and Career Readiness office. Our primary functions are to:
- Offer courses and programs that teach technical applications of many occupations.
- Provide students with opportunities to build job-ready skills.
- Help students prepare and plan for life after graduation.
We offer summer enrichment programs for students to create, explore, and learn while out of school. Our programs provide students with a fun, safe, and engaging learning environment.
We offer two different hands-on, exploratory enrichment programs. Both of our programs
- Teach students engaging and exciting content in Career and Technical Education (CTE).
- Provide students with opportunities to explore their interests.
- Help students make connections to careers and develop new skills.
Tech Adventure Camp
Students in grades 2-6 explore STEAM, culinary, health, trades, business and marketing by rotating through daily classes. We offer weekly themes that help students make connections to different areas and occupations.
CTE Summer Academy
Students in grades 7-11 choose their classes and dive deeper into CTE program areas, skills, and career exploration. Students have over 20 classes to choose from which allows them to personalize their learning.
Supporting CTE Summer Enrichment Programs
We need your help to provide students with opportunities to discover their interests and explore career pathways.
Spend a day with us!
To help our students make connections to career choices, we invite professionals to talk with our students and participate in activities with them.
Help send a student to camp!
Make a donation and help send a student to camp!
We’re actively working to remove financial barriers that keep students from attending our enrichment programs. With your donation, you are providing students with scholarships to attend one of our camps. We offer:
- Full Scholarships - $275 per student per week
- Partial Scholarships - $50 to $100 per student per week (based on available funds)
Scholarships are provided to students based on the financial need of the family. Families apply for a scholarship and are placed in a lottery system. We strive to spread scholarships equitably among FCPS Regions.
For more information on our summer enrichment programs, our support efforts, and any questions, please contact Beth Mehr.