The FCPS Employee Award recognizing this year's Outstanding New Principal.
The process of nominating a candidate for the Outstanding Principal Award begins through each school's awards liaison. The awards liaison at each school has information about the nomination process and deadlines.
Any FCPS employee or community member can nominate a new principal for this award, but employees may not nominate themselves. Eligible candidates must currently work as an elementary, middle, secondary or high school principal in FCPS, have completed at least three full years as principal (experience in an acting capacity does not meet the requirements), and be aware of and in agreement with this nomination.
Nominees are new principals who:
- Manage effectively
- Demonstrate and encourage creativity and innovation
- Foster cooperation between the school and the community
- Maintain a continuing dialogue with students and parents as well as faculty and staff
- Keep abreast of developments in the field of education
- Encourage team spirit
- Demonstrate leadership and exemplify commitment
- Continue to play an active role in the classroom
- Contribute to one or more of the following Ignite Goals, in the FCPS Strategic Plan:
- Student Success
- Caring Culture
- Premier Workforce
- Resource Stewardship
The Selection Process
Awards and Recognition
All nominees will be recognized at the annual FCPS Awards Gala. The FCPS 2020 Outstanding Principal will be announced at the event and will receive $4000. In recognition of collaborative teamwork, award winners and their workplace colleagues will receive a celebration in honor of their contribution to excellence.