Dental Insurance for Retirees
Dental Benefits Offered by FCPS
FCPS offers you a choice of two dental plans: Aetna Dental Preferred Provider Organization (DPPO) or Aetna Dental Network Only (DNO). You can enroll in a dental plans through FCPS without enrolling in a medical plan through FCPS.
Aetna Dental Preferred Provider Organization (DPPO)
- Large nationwide network of dental providers.
- In and out of network benefits available (lower benefits apply if services are received from out of network providers).
- Preventive care covered at 100% if received from an in-network provider.
- Orthodontia treatment available for children under age 19.
- Higher premiums than the DNO plan.
Aetna Dental Network Only (DNO)
- Smaller network of providers.
- All services must be received from in-network providers; out-of-network benefits are not available.
- Diagnostic, preventive, and basic restorative care covered at 100% when received from participating providers.
- Established fee schedule for each covered procedure allows you to estimate your out of pocket cost before care is received.
- No maximum annual benefit.
- Orthodontic procedures are covered for adults and children when received from a participating provider.
- Lower premiums than the DPPO plan.
For additional information, including premium charts, please visit the Benefits Publications and Resources website.