An annual celebration of individuals who support, design, and implement inclusion activities that result in positive outcomes for students.
First-Class Awards are presented each year at our Special Education Conference, to individuals who support, design, and/or implement inclusion activities that result in positive outcomes for students.
- Kerry Peerman, Principal, Halley Elementary School
- Sarah Chawki, Student, Bush Hill Elementary School
- Jordan Bristol, Kindergarten Teacher, Canterbury Woods Elementary School
- Nancy Lucas-Heck, Multiple Disabilities Teacher, Lake Braddock Secondary School
- Debra Opalesky, Speech-Language Pathologist, McLean High School
Our 16th Annual Special Education Conference will be held virtually on Saturday, April 17, 2021. The conference will include a combination of synchronous (live) and asynchronous (recorded) sessions supporting our conference's theme: Inclusion: The time for inclusion is now.