About Early Childhood and Grant Management
The Office of Early Childhood Curriculum and Grant Management serves as a catalyst and resource for empowering families, schools, and the community in their collaborative efforts to promote student achievement. ECGM provides high quality student, parent, and staff education programs that address diverse characteristics and needs. The Office of Early Childhood Curriculum and Grant Management is responsible for:
- School support for the preschool and kindergarten curriculum.
- Direct administration of the Family and Early Childhood Education Program (FECEP)/Head Start and Early Head Start.
- Collaboration and coordination with county, state, and federal agencies to acquire additional grant funding for at-risk students and ensure compliance with all federal and state regulations.
Our vision is that every child is ready to learn!
Learn more about how children are learning and preparing for future success from Early Head Start through Kindergarten:
- Early Head Start (EHS) is a federally funded comprehensive program for low-income families with infants and toddlers and pregnant women.
- FECEP/Head Start (FECEP/HS) provides a high quality early learning experience for income-eligible three and four year-olds, including children with disabilities.
- Kindergarten promotes social, emotional, physical and intellectual growth for all children aged 5 by September 30th through a variety of activities that meet individual and group needs.
Kindergarten Orientations are happening now! Check your school’s website to find out when your school is hosting an orientation meeting.
Free Physicals for FCPS Students
Learn more about free physicals for FCPS students in grades PreK through grade 6.
FECEP/Head Start Parent Breakfasts
FECEP/Head Start classrooms are inviting parents to join their children at school for breakfast one day this month. Watch your child’s backpack for an invitation.
- Monday, May 27th- Memorial Day